Roku Movie Night Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion Description. The Roku Movie Night Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is a sweepstakes promotion in which individuals who enter the promotion through Roku’s Facebook entry page (the “Promotion Page”) from 10:00am PST on 02/10/12 to 3:00pm PST on 02/19/12 (the “Promotion Period”) will be eligible for a chance to win one of the following eight hundred (800) prizes consisting of: one (1) movie candy pack valued at $30, plus fifteen (15) coupons, each of which is redeemable for $10 off any single purchase of a Roku 2 player. As an added bonus, in lieu of the $10 off, 100 of the redeemable coupons actually entitle the holder to a free Roku 2 XS player, valued at $99.99.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Promotion by either: 1) ‘Liking’ Roku’s Facebook page and submitting an entry through the Promotion Page explaining why you love Roku and how you’ll rock your party; or 2) Sending an email (which must include your name, address, phone number and your explanation of why you love Roku and how you’ll rock your party) to Roku at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Roku Movie Night 2012” (entries made in these manners are collectively referred to as “Entry” or “Entries”). Only Entries received within the Promotion Period will be accepted.
- Eligibility. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e‐mail address. Only U.S. residents are eligible to enter. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 13 years of age or older. Sweepstakes is void where restricted, or prohibited by law. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before participating, and by participating represent that they have done so. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents of Roku, its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (defined as children, parents, siblings or spouses) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. To participate, entrants must: 1) have a computer; 2) have internet access; 3) be a U.S. resident; and 4) submit an Entry.
- Identity of Entrants; Limitations on Entries. The authorized email account holder will be deemed to be the entrant for Entries via the Promotion Page. The authorized account holder of the email address used on the free email entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized accountholder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address. Potential winners may be required to show proof that they are the authorized account holder or the entrant. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of one entry per person is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries will be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion.
- How You Win. Winners of all prizes will be selected in a random drawing that will occur daily during the Promotion Period (from 1pm PST on 02/10/2012 through 5pm PST on 02/19/2012) from among all eligible Entries received. Each entrant’s chances of winning are dependent upon the number of Entries received. Roku’s decisions are final in all matters related to the Promotion.
- Notification. Roku will attempt to notify winners by email or Facebook within approximately three (3) days following selection of each winner. The winner must then respond to Roku within forty‐eight (48) hours of Roku’s email or Facebook notification. Roku is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or a winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Individuals may request the name of the winners by submitting a self‐addressed, stamped envelope before February19, 2012 to: Roku, Inc., 12980 Saratoga Ave, Suite D, Saratoga CA, 95070, United States. Vermont residents need not include return postage. By participating, you agree to Roku’s inclusion of your name, and the city or town and state of your residence on such list if you are a winner.
- Affidavit; Publicity Release. Each winner (and their legal guardians, if winners are minors) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability waiver and publicity release that will allow Roku to use the winner’s name, photography, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. By entering the Promotion or accepting any prize, each entrant consents to use of his or her name, likeness and any statements (including your submission of why you love Roku) and any quotes or testimonials for publicity, advertising and other promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All taxes associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Roku reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, but Roku reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Rules.
- Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these Rules, the terms and conditions of Roku, and any decision Roku makes regarding this Promotion. You further agree that your Entry shall not contain any offensive, harmful, salacious, defamatory, or threatening language or references. Roku reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Roku, and to take such other action as may be appropriate, any entrant or winner who, in Roku’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Roku’s web site, the entry process, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. ROKU MAKES AND GIVES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. ROKU SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM, ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION OUTSIDE ROKU’S REASONABLE CONTROL THAT MAY AFFECT THE PROMOTION OR CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR CORRUPTED, INCLUDING: (I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE,GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; AND (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION. ROKU RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.
- Release. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS ROKU AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. These Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Santa Clara County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this Promotion is Roku, Inc., 12980 Saratoga Ave, Suite D, Saratoga CA, 95070, United States. All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to: events@Roku.com.