NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- 1. Promotion Description. The 10 Days of Roku Giveaway (the “Promotion") is a sweepstakes promotion in which individuals who tweet a relevant reply to @RokuPlayer with the hashtag #10daysofRoku during the Entry Period will be eligible to win one of ten (10) Roku players. The 10 days of Roku Sweepstakes will be held from December 15, 2011 – December 24, 2011 on Twitter. The Sweepstakes begins at approximately 9:00a.m. PT and ends on December 24, 2011 at 9:00p.m. PT. (“Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after an Entry Period will be disqualified.
- 2. How to Enter. You will be entered into the Promotion by 1) tweeting a relevant reply to @RokuPlayer with the hashtag #10daysofRoku during the Entry Period. (Replies or tweets without the hashtag #10daysofRoku, or that are unresponsive to the discussion may be disqualified) or 2) sending an email (which must include your name, address and phone number) to Roku at email@example.com with the subject line "10 days of Roku Giveaway." Entries made in either of these manners are collectively referred to as an “Entry" or “Entries". By sending an update or Entry, you consent to allow the Sponsor or host to announce if you are a potential winner during the sweepstakes, and if applicable, to direct message you to notify you if you are potential winner. In order for @RokuPlayer to direct message you, you will need to first be a follower of @RokuPlayer. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- 3. Eligibility. Limit one (1) entry and one (1) prize per person or Twitter account/email address. Any Entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes may be disqualified. Entries attempted using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 13 years of age or older. Sweepstakes is void where restricted, or prohibited by law. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before participating, and by participating represent that they have done so. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents of Roku, its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (defined as children, parents, siblings or spouses) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- 4. How You Win. During the sweepstakes, @RokuPlayer will select ten potential (10) winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the ten-day time period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received prior to each drawing. @RokuPlayer will announce one potential winner and the corresponding prize each day during the ten-day time period.
- 5. Notification. Potential winners will be asked to send a direct message to @RokuPlayer and provide their mailing address in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner does not direct message @RokuPlayer, and cannot be reached within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her via direct message, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. By participating, you agree to Roku’s inclusion of your name, and the city or town and country of your residence on a list of winners, if you are a winner. Roku’s decisions are final in all matters related to the Promotion.
- 6. Affidavit; Publicity Release. Each winner (and their legal guardians, if winners are minors) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability waiver and publicity release that will allow Roku to use the winner’s name, photography, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. By entering the Promotion or accepting any prize, each entrant consents to use of his or her name, likeness and any statements, quotes or testimonials for publicity, advertising and other promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- 7. Taxes. All taxes associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Roku reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Prizes are not transferable. Winners may not request substitutions (including for cash) for the prize they win, but Roku reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for a prize or multiple prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Rules.
- 8. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these Rules, the terms and conditions of Roku, and any decision Roku makes regarding this Promotion. Roku reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Roku, and to take such other action as may be appropriate, any entrant or winner who, in Roku’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Roku’s web site, the entry process, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- 9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. ROKU MAKES AND GIVES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. ROKU SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM, ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION OUTSIDE ROKU’S REASONABLE CONTROL THAT MAY AFFECT THE PROMOTION OR CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR CORRUPTED, INCLUDING: (I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE EMAIL ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; AND (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION. ROKU RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.
- 10. Release. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS ROKU AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION.
- 12. Governing Law. These Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Santa Clara County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws.
- 13. Sponsor. The sponsor of this Promotion is Roku, Inc., 12980 Saratoga Ave, Suite D, Saratoga CA, 95070, United States (“Roku"). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter is not associated with this Sweepstakes.